Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Posts Tagged ‘foreign troops’

The New York Times, By Alissa J. Rubin

15 May, 2011

KABUL, Afghanistan — Osama bin Laden’s death will allow “a new phase” in the United States’ relationship with Afghanistan, one that could include reductions in troops and spending, Senator John Kerry said while visiting here on Sunday. (more…)

Read Full Post »

By Hamid Shalizi KABUL, July 24 (Reuters) –

Afghan President Hamid Karzai, setting out his election manifesto, vowed on Friday to make foreign troops sign a framework governing how they operate in a bid to limit civilians casualties. (more…)

Read Full Post »

By Pamela Constable

Washington Post Foreign Service
Friday, July 24, 2009

KABUL, July 24 — Afghanistan’s first-ever televised presidential debate took place as scheduled in prime time Thursday night, but it was marred by the glaring absence of the central figure in the race: incumbent Hamid Karzai. (more…)

Read Full Post »

by The Canadian Press

KABUL — The United Nations says the number of Afghan civilians killed in insurgent attacks and air strikes by foreign troops has risen almost 40 per cent this year.

The UN says the Taliban has been responsible for 800 or some 55 per cent of the 1,445 Afghan civilian deaths reported through the end of August. U.S., NATO and Afghan forces are responsible for the other 645 civilian deaths, or 45 per cent. (more…)

Read Full Post »